Friday, March 30, 2012

BASIC TRAINING FOR CHRISTIANS 5

Galatians 6:4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
 I believe that this means that we are to keep a constant watch on our own actions and not on others.

 A long time ago all of my bosses happened to be out of town at one time.  Even though I was several people down on the totem pole it left me in charge.  I was amazed at how often someone would come to me and complain about what another worker was doing or was not doing.  My answer to them was, "You are only responsible for your job.  They are responsible for theirs." I am not sure that it sunk in but I was certainly glad when the bosses all made it back in.  I'm not sure I could have lasted more than that week.

 We should take a self examination on a regular basis.  How is my prayer life?  How is my Bible study?  How am I ministering to others and How am I being a witness.

 If we all do that, everything else will fall into place.  We are only capable of doing what we can do.  If we are spiritual leaders we do have an obligation to teach and exhort others but it is important that we get our own lives in order first.

Feel free to email me at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.