Monday, April 2, 2012

BASIC TRAINING FOR CHRISTIANS 6

Ga 6:5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

 All through the New Testament we are taught that we should help bear one anothers burdens yet here we are told that each of us has to bear his own burdens.  This is not contradictory.  We are supposed to help bear one anothers burdens but that doesn't mean we are just to depend on someone else to bear our burdens.

 We each have to pull our own load.  There have been many times that people have asked me to pray for them and I was reluctant because I was pretty sure that they weren't praying for themselves.  Now I usually tell them that I will pray with them about something.  This lets them know that I will be praying but it also makes a point that they should pray too.

 You can't have someone else do your praying, your studying, or your ministering. They will gladly help you but they can not do it for you.  I believe we are certainly supposed to help each other but I also believe we have a responsibility to do our own part.

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.