Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Basic Training For Christians 12

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

I was once having coffee with a Christian friend and he made the statement, "I really don't think people still have other gods or worship idols."

This statement sort of through me for a loop.  I wondered how out of touch he was with the real world.  Anything people worship is a false God. I have seen crowds of people pour out their overflowing adoration to celebrities and famous people and even politicians.  They have lifted them up and made Gods of them.

Superstitions, such as Astrology, have elevated even the stars to having power to control people's lives.  When we give those attributes to anything we are elevating them to the position of an Idol.
There is only one true God.  He is the God of the Bible, the Creator of the Universe, The Sustainer of all things.  He is the only One worthy of our worship and our trust.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.