Friday, April 6, 2012

BASIC TRAINING FOR CHRISTIANS 9

Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

 A friend of mine once said, "I don't know if I'm just tired or if I'm tired of it."  She was a dear Christian lady who was obviously just tired because I know she is still faithfully serving the Lord.

 Sometimes we do get tired and when we look around and don't see the results from our ministry that we would like to see we just might get close to being "tired of it."

 The truth is that we might not ever see the results of our service to the Lord or we might see them further down the road and look back and realize that our efforts were not in vain.

 Early in my ministry I was discouraged many times by the lack of response to my visiting and witnessing.  In one case there was a man that I talked to many times and he would never ask Jesus to save him.  I eventually moved away feeling that I had spent a lot of time with him and didn't see any results.

 I was asked to preach a sunrise service at a church in the same community some years later.  I looked out into the congregation and saw him sitting there.  The pastor there said that he had been saved and was a very faithful member of their church.  I'm still not sure if my witnessing to him had a thing to do with it.  It doesn't matter.  What matters is that we are to be faithful doing God's work in His way.  It is His job to get results in His time.


Please email me at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.