Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BEING BOLD 1

BEING BOLD MAKES AN IMPRESSION ON THOSE WHO ARE WATCHING US

Acts 4:13 now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

Peter and John were bold to stand and proclaim the gospel as the rulers questioned them.  They gave a powerful answer.  They told the truth and they made no apology about it.  The evidence of the healed man was in their midst and the people saw first hand what they could do in the name of Jesus.

You might not be able to perform such a miraculous work as a witness to people but if you are bold in your walk with Jesus people will take notice of you and your boldness.  I once told someone I had just met about an upcoming medical procedure and I asked him to pray for me.  We were in the parking lot right outside the door of a local Dollar Store.  He took me by the hand and said, "Let's pray together right now."  With no timidness and no fear we bowed our head and prayed together.  I was impressed by his boldness.

My wife and I always bow our heads and pray together when we eat in restaurants.  Many times people have walked over and told us it was a blessing to see people who were not embarrassed to pray in public places.

If we are going to have any influence on others we must display boldness in our relationship with Jesus.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.