Thursday, March 29, 2012

BASIC TRAINING FOR CHRISTIANS 4

Galatians 6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

 There are a lot of people fooling themselves if this is the case.  Some people seem to forget where they came from.  I remember a story by Jerry Clower about a man that had done well and was as he said, "puttin' on airs" and someone said about him, "I don't know what he's so proud of.  I knew him growin' up and they were so poor they had to eat so many turnip greens that you had to tie a kerosene rag around his ankles to keep the cut worms from getting him."

 I can't vouch for the validity of that story but I have known many people who seemed to have forgotten where they came from.  As a matter of fact they have forgotten it so much that they have no compassion on those who are now where they used to be.

 I know where I came from.  I came from the depths of sin.  I was saved by God's grace and even then I ran from God's calling until I was completely out of fellowship with Him.  I have no right to ever think of myself as anything special.  None of us do.  If we are special it is because of having Jesus influence in our lives.  Jesus is special.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.