Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WHERE IS THE LORD 3

2Kings 2:14 And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.

HE IS STILL PROVIDING FOR HIS PEOPLE
1 Kings 17:3-4 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan. (4)And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.
1 Kings 17:6 And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.


This past week I had an appointment with my cardiologist and the nurse and I usually get in a humorous argument about my list of medicine. As usual this time I had forgotten to list one of the medicines and she said, "You probably don't even know what it is for in anyway." I assured her that I knew that it was for congested heart failure and added, "Those pills have been keeping me alive for several years." She shot back, "No they haven't, the Lord has been keeping you alive and if he gets ready to take you home these pills won't stop him."

We had a good laugh and I agreed with her. Sometimes we are thankful for what we have but we forget to be thankful for The One who really provides everything for us. Just as God sent the birds who fed Elijah he also provides the jobs that feed us, the trees for houses to house us and also the medicine that the doctors prescribe for us.

God is still providing for us and we should never forget where all of our blessings come from.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.