Friday, July 9, 2010

THE RISEN LIFE 5

A LIFE OF HEAVENLY AMBITION

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

What is your ambition? What do you hope to someday become? That is kind of like asking a young person what they want to be when they grow up. Sadly many Christians never grow up in their Christian life. They simply do not have any spiritual goals set and they stay babes in Christ all their life.
We should desire a knowledge of God. We shouldn't just want to know about God but we need to have a burning desire in our hearts to know Him. We should want to know Him on a very personal and intimate level that most of us never achieve. Whether you are there or not, it should be your ambition to follow Christ into that relationship with our Heavenly Father.
We should want a sweet personal fellowship with Jesus Christ. One of my favorite songs is "In The Garden". When I sing that song it reminds me that I can have a one on One personal fellowship with Jesus. He is never too far away. He is never too preoccupied or too busy for me. He is always there wanting me to include Him into every aspect of my life.
We should want a partnership in ministry with Jesus and His church. We should want to be a part of something that is so special to Jesus it is referred to as "His Bride". Now that is special. When people tell me they love Jesus but they don't have much use for the church that is like them telling me that they like me enough but they just don't care for my wife. I can promise you, that statement would not please me at all.
Examine your ambitions. What do you hope to become and where do you want to be spiritually?


shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.