Monday, July 19, 2010

WHERE IS THE LORD 1

2Kings 2:14 And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.

INTRODUCTION: Elisha had been given the prophetic ministry of Elijah. He knew that the one thing he needed most to carry out the ministry he had been called to was the Lord. He knew that there was no other way that he could do the things that had to be done.

I think today for many who are trying to serve God a great question would be "Where is the Lord God of Elijah?"

It doesn't help to ask that question if you are not going to trust Him. Elisha had seen Elijah part the waters and he knew that God was able to do the same for Him. I really don't think Elisha was testing God. I think he was just reassuring himself that it was God that had placed him in this awesome place of ministry.

Sometimes we need to stop and ask ourselves. Just what place does the Lord have in what I am doing? Just how much do I rely on Him to give me strength and power to do what He has called me to do?

The Lord God of Elijah is the same today as he was in the days of these prophets. The next few devotionals will deal with this subject. I hope you receive a blessing from them.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.