Monday, February 16, 2009

NO MORE

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

There are some things that it seems like you can never have enough of. Friends, good times, blessings are just a few I can name. I might throw in ice cream and a few other goodies too. There are some things that I have had plenty of and would just as soon not have any more.
I have seen sorrow in the hearts of others and felt the tears of loss enough in my life that I look forward to the time when God shall wipe away my tears for the last time. I have knelt by the graves of friends as I grasped for the right words to ask God to comfort their family and friends as well myself as we said our final goodbyes. I look forward to the time when there will be no more death.
I have known sorrow and crying enough to last the rest of my life, however long that might be. I've had pain and ministered to others in pain that I could not even imagine, both physical and mental anguish that is just as real and I can only imagine a time and place where there will be no more pain.
There is such a place and all the former things that have hurt us will pass away because God has a place for us that is free of sin. It certainly is exciting to think about that place and it should put a longing in our heart to be there, with our Creator and our Savior.

2 comments:

  1. when that day comes we want have our sins hanging over our head.pain is something we all live with,it will be wonderful when we want have anymore.God bless that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when that day comes we want have our sins hanging over our head.pain is something we all live with,it will be wonderful when we want have anymore.God bless that day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.