Tuesday, February 17, 2009

GOOD WORDS

Proverbs 15:23 A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

It is amazing how much joy you can bring to someone by saying the right thing at the right time. Sometimes just asking someone about a specific trouble they have had or problem will let them know you are concerned and it helps them to bear their burdens.
Sometimes a compliment will bring a smile to someone's face that will make their entire day go better.

The opposite is true also. I encountered a particularly uncooperative public official this week and I was talking to someone in another county who held the same elected office about the situation. He said something that made a lot of sense, "I'm new in this position so I don't know a lot of things but I know it doesn't cost me anything to be nice. That's the easiest part of my job" I thought maybe he should have a seminar to teach that to some of the more experienced people in his position.

We are living in difficult times. People are nervous about the future and the news always seem to be bad. The season is due for a few good words. Let's share them with others and try to help them have a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.