Saturday, February 28, 2009

ONE WAY

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I wouldn't even venture to guess how many people have been ticketed going the wrong way on a one way street even after explaining, "But I didn't see the sign."
It is not the policeman's responsibility to point out the sign. It is the responsibility of the motorist to pay attention and know the rules of the road, after all they are for our own benefit and for our safety. The Bible contains the rules of the road for those of us on our way through this life to a home in heaven. If you are trying to get to heaven any other way than through Jesus Christ you are headed the wrong way.
There will be many excuses given. "I was religious", "I was a good person", "I was a church member", "I was baptized", "I was generous," are just a few. None of that matters if you have not gone the right way. Jesus insisted that, "no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." It is only through accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior that you can be going the right way.
Imagine again that policeman on the one-way street as you try to convince him not to give you a ticket. "I don't know why I should get a ticket," you explain, "I have on my seat belt, I gave a signal before I turned in here, I wasn't going over the speed limit, I have not been drinking, I am watching for pedestrians."
The policeman would probably say, "That would all be in your favor if you weren't going the wrong way."
Are you going the right way? There is only one right way and that is Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Please leave us a comment.