Saturday, February 21, 2009

MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Sometimes you come to an intersection in life and you have to make a choice. Choices aren't always easy. One of the lessons I learned long ago is that whatever situation I find myself in, whether good or bad, is pretty much the result of my own choices. I often joke and tell people that if I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself when I was younger. I say that in a joking way but there is a whole lot of truth in it.
I can look back on my younger days when I made the choice to gratify myself instead of serving the Lord and what I mostly see is lost time and lost blessings. I am not so blind that I don't realize that there are a lot of things beyond our control and we can find ourselves in bad situations that are not of our own making. Even in those times of adversity though we have a choice in how we handle them.
Sometimes I see people and wonder why they choose to live the way they do. I know it is by choice and it seems that everyone around them knows they are making bad choices but they just continue on, usually blaming the world and everyone in it for their bad luck.
I look forward to everyday, for the joy and pleasure it might bring. Sometimes it doesn't work out like I want it to or thought it would but I certainly have a better day when I expect one than when I don't. I choose to enjoy life.
The greatest choice I ever made was the same choice that Joshua made. The choice to accept Jesus Christ and then the choice to serve him.
When you make your choices make sure that you take serving the Lord into consideration.

1 comment:

  1. There so many people that I don't understand. But I am grateful that I can choose to serve The Lord and keep praying that they will one day. I definitely believe in the power of prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.