Sunday, February 22, 2009

ROAD CLOSED



1ST Corinthians 16:7-9 For I will not see you now by the way; but I trust to tarry a while with you, if the Lord permit. (8) But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost. (9) For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.
Have you ever made plans for your life and just as you thought that you were headed in the right direction you found that the way was closed. Sometimes we think we know exactly what we want to do with our lives and find out that there are roadblocks along the way.
Even as Paul had a desire to go to the people of Corinth he knew that it had to be on the Lord's time and according to His plan. Sometimes God blesses us in the greatest way by not letting us have everything we ask for. He knows what is best for us even if we sometimes get frustrated and impatient.
Paul knew that God did not want him to go to Corinth yet, but he also knew that God had opened a door of service to him right where he was. I think one of the greatest lessons we can learn is that God knows what He is doing when he opens and closes doors or roads or paths in our lives. The important thing is that we learn to do our very best to serve him right where we are.

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy have my plans ever been changed and changed.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing how God can put something so frustrating in our lives, yet you end up getting so much out of it. Thank God for my road blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to a roadblock that looked like the end of the world, but God worked it out with a detour that I thought I would never take but I did and now I am happier than I would have ever thought. God is good! I love your devotions.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.