Friday, January 30, 2009

THREE CROSSES

As you travel across the United States you cannot help but notice the message of the three silent crosses. Whenever I have taken a long trip I have seen them several times in each state.
Those crosses call to mind a sermon by Myron J. Taylor titled "A Hill With Three Crosses." He said that one cross portrays a thief dying IN sin, and the other a thief dying TO sin. But the center cross speaks of the Redeemer dying FOR sin. It divides all humanity into one of two categories - those who reject Christ and die in sin, and those who receive Christ and can die to sin.
You can tell that someone put in a lot of hard work and effort to place those crosses through our country along the highways so that they will be seen by those traveling by. When you see them remember "A Hill With Three Crosses" and thank God you are dead to sin when you receive Christ as your Savior.

NOTE: Next week there may be some days that there will be no devotional. I have to have some minor heart surgery and could be in the hospital for a few days. I am going to try to make arangements for a devotional to be uploaded while I am indisposed but I am not sure. I will know by Monday about that. Please keep me in your prayers during the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.