Saturday, January 10, 2009

A MESSAGE FOR ALL

James 2:1-4 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. (2) For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; (3) And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool: (4) Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

Sometimes we have a tendency to only want to share the gospel with people like ourselves. People who look like us, talk like us, dress like us and basically live like us. It is natural to feel comfortable with people who are similar to us but we must always realize that Jesus died for everyone.
Honestly I don't have as much trouble approaching those who are less fortunate than I am with the gospel as I do those who are more affluent.
I must admit sometimes I am intimidated by people who seem to be in the higher social circles. It is something I need to work on. They need Jesus too.
The important thing is that we share Jesus with the whole world, whether they are homeless or live in a mansion. It is important to know that no one is truly rich who does not have Jesus. No one is truly poor who does have Him as their Savior.

2 comments:

  1. I also let rich people intimidate....but I have a really hard finding anybody "like" me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well dang if that ain't the truth. Most of the rich people I know are saved. but dang it everybody needs kindness. We all minister to the poor as we should, but have you seen a rich ole lady's eyes light up when you pay her a compliment or do her a kindness.

    Ain't nobody like me cause "I am adopted, I'm a special kid you see. I'm proud to be a member of the royal family. My father owns the kingdom...he sits upon his throne..He gives me every thing I need; it's nice to just belong.....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.