Thursday, January 22, 2009

Praying For Others

By Jeremy Burkes

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

It is important that when we put a name on a prayer list that we actually pray for them. When we ask someone to pray for us it is important that we continue to pray for ourselves. (Actually it is good to ask people to pray with us instead of just for us.)
So many times we expect others to do all the praying in our prayer relationships. Asking someone to pray for you and then not praying for yourself is like asking someone to help you and not helping yourself.
God has made it clear that He wants us to come before Him with prayer. When we ask others to pray for us we are talking to man, when we pray we are talking to God.
We must not fail to pray for others but certainly we must not leave prayer for ourselves to others. Let's pray.

1 comment:

Please leave us a comment.