Saturday, January 3, 2009

AN OPEN DOOR

Re 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

We have completed another year and it sure seems like we used it up in a hurry. I hope you had a good year and have many blessings to be thankful for. Much of what I wanted to accomplish is still partially incomplete but I hope to continue some of the things I started and didn't finish.
As a year ends sometimes it is depressing because we feel that we didn't get as much done as we had hoped. On the positive side is that we have a brand new year. It is like an open door filled with many opportunities and many possibilities.
There is great opportunity for service, for spiritual growth, for ministry, and for doing whatever God leads you to do. Every New Year and every open door of opportunity is God's promise that He is not through with us yet.
It is my prayer that you greet this New Year and these opportunities with enthusiasm and a positive outlook that will cause you to fill the days with great blessings for yourself and others.

4 comments:

  1. I love a new year. Last year 3 out of 4 of our children were homeless due to a tornado, a fire and Brandi just sold to build in Abbeville, which I love....but then we also added 2 Grandchildren to our brood and Got a new job with benefits....life is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus wept, Moses crept and Peter fell out the back door step.

    Jill was crushed, Joy was rushed and my health was a bust.

    And yet the Lord's will was done and life is very very good for all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.