Monday, December 8, 2008

THE PERFECT GIFT

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The next few days I will discuss the Perfect Gift. As we get nearer to Christmas we try to think of the perfect gift and sometimes we end up giving gifts that are way less than perfect. In my life I have received some great gifts, and some that were less than spectacular. So far I have been blessed in the fact that I never received a Chia Pet. This year I received a very special gift early. When we were growing up our family took pictures but instead of photographs we made slides. My sister took all these slides and had them placed on a CD and shared them with our family. If there is such thing as the perfect gift this would be pretty close. A gift of memories, a gift of bringing back special moments of the past. I have spent hours just looking at them. I have promised to take some of them and make a slide show and put them to music and I still intend to but right now I just enjoy looking at them (over and over).
I am sure you have given or received a gift that was nearly perfect.
If you have received Jesus into your heart you have received the perfect gift, and it keeps on giving. Pray for me as I continue to write these devotionals. I will be sharing more on the perfect gift in the next few days. I will try to share some of the things that make a perfect gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.