Thursday, December 11, 2008

THE PERFECT GIFT IS A LASTING GIFT

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

It seems today that when someone makes something they plan on it being obsolete shortly after it comes on the market. They can then sell the new version. Some of the imported items we buy don't even have to become obsolete, they fall apart soon after you assemble them.(If you can understand the assembly instructions that come with them.)
Jesus is a gift that will last forever. In this statement He makes that clear. Before Abraham was, I am. He did not say I was but I am. Jesus is eternal, there was nothing before Him and there is no after Him.
When Moses asked God His name he answered, I Am. I once heard a preacher explain that in very simple terms. He said ,"Jesus Is, He always was Is, He is is, and He always will be is."
It is very comforting to me to know that I will never need an new version of my Savior. I do not need to upgrade. He will not fall apart or fade away. He is a gift that will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.