Tuesday, December 9, 2008

THE PERFECT GIFT-A NEEDED GIFT

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

One of the characteristics of a perfect gift is that it is something a person needs. I can remember many Christmases in the past when I not only got toys and candy and fruit and things I wanted but there was usually a package or two of socks and underwear and maybe some warm gloves for winter that I really needed.
I can't remember a lot of the gifts I recieved as a child but I can remember two because they were gifts I felt I really needed. One was a pair of fur lined gloves, I needed them to play outside in the cold. The other was a pair of overshoes, I needed them to play on the ice and snow (which we had a lot of that year). These gifts were special because they were something I thought I really needed.
Be careful when you pick a gift that you think someone needs. My wife might need a new mop or broom or something else around the house but it would not be very smart of me to give them to her for Christmas.
There is one gift that we all need. Sometimes we think we aren't getting what we deserve and we complain. If we study the scriptures we know what we really deserve and no one really wants that. God knows what we deserve, "the wages of sin is death," but God loves us and He also knows what we need, "the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord". God gave us the gift we need more than anything else.
Jesus is the perfect gift. The wonderful thing about Jesus is that the more we share Him with the world, the more we have of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.