Wednesday, December 17, 2008

CHRISTMAS LIGHT

John 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

There are a lot of things I really love about Christmas. The thing I like best is that for a short while the whole world is focused on the birth of our Savior whether they believe in Him or not.
I like the family gatherings, the food and so many other things. I usually let my wife do the decorating but I help and do what I am told to make things festive. We don't put up a lot of outside decorations and lights but we really do enjoy riding around and looking at the lights that others have.
There are many beautiful light displays, (I sometimes wonder how they afford their utility bills) in lots of places. Some cities make an annual effort to have a "festival of lights" or something like that and they are really beautiful.
Many have gone away from true Christmas themes and gone to less traditional light shows but I still like the Christian ones best.There are lights of just about every color, all of them pretty, but I think I like the natural ones best.
When you ride around and look at the lights this year, regardless of how they are displayed, try to think of the most beautiful light of all, "...The light of the World", Jesus Christ.
God gave us the gift of Light through Jesus, wasn't that a beautiful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.