Monday, September 30, 2013

WHAT WERE YOU SAYING

Proverbs 21:23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.
 
Wow!  Some verses in the Bible just jump out at you and kind of slap you upside the head.  I know a lot of people who seem to just open their mouth enough to change feet.  They are worse than those who say whatever is on their mind.  They say things without them ever going through their mind.  Not only do I know people like that sometimes I see one in the mirror because we can all be like that at times.
 
Thankfully as I have aged I have learned a little better to think before I speak.  I have learned that I don't have to say everything I think. Even now my mouth sometimes gets me in trouble but I am getting better at keeping it under control.
 
Someone once said that trying to un-say something is like trying to un-shoot a gun.  It just can't be done.  We can apologize and be truly sorry when we say hurtful things but we can never erase the pain that we cause.
 
If someone spreads a damaging false rumor it can do it's damage and destroy someone's reputation. No matter how sorry you might be for starting it you can not undo all the damage.
 
The tongue is mentioned frequently in the scriptures and of all the parts of our body  it seems that it can be the hardest to control and do the most damage.  Remember though, it is not just the ones who hear it that are damaged.  The one letting his tongue go wild will not escape unscathed either.
 
FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.