Wednesday, September 4, 2013

TRUE WEALTH 2

Proverbs 15:17 BETTER is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith.
 
Sometimes I have to admit that I don't fully understand some of the proverbs but I never claimed to be as wise as Solomon.  The message I get from this proverb is that it is better to have meals of simple vegetables with a loving family than to sit down to steak with a family filled with bitterness and strife.
 
God has placed us in the world for a purpose and He has allowed us to be a part of our family for a purpose.  One of the greatest lessons that I have ever learned was that I can't make anyone love me.  I am not responsible to make anyone love me.  It is my responsibility to love those in my family and in my circle of friends.
 
Sadly sometimes I forget that but thankfully God usually reminds me.  The great lesson that I have learned is that the more I love other people, the more love is returned to me.
 
Some of the truest wealth we will ever experience in our lifetime is the love we give and receive in our families and among our friends.
 
Sometimes we are even allowed to sit and eat steak with the people we love.
 
FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.
If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.