Wednesday, September 25, 2013

GIVE AN ACCOUNT

Romans 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
 
This was written to the Christians at Rome and it is referring to the Judgment Seat of Christ.  While we will not face the judgment of the damned at the White Throne Judgment we will be called into account for our works and our service as Christians.
 
The faithful will receive rewards for things they did out of love for Jesus and then they will be able to lay them at His feet in tribute.
 
The Bible teaches us that all our carnal works will be burnt up and all that will last are the works that are motivated out of love for our Lord and Savior, Jesus.  Many will stand before Jesus, saved but empty handed.
 
I have been taking a personal inventory this morning and I'm not sure that I want to give an account.  How do I account for the time I have wasted?  Can I justify the many times I could have witnessed and didn't.  Have I spent more time trying to acquire material things than I have making deposits in my spiritual account?
 
I am so thankful for Jesus and my salvation.  It is a blessing to be assured that my name is written in the Lambs Book of Life and I will miss the terrible judgment of the lost.  I don't have to do anything about that, Jesus paid it all.
 
We need to pray for each other that we will start "Laying up treasures in Heaven" because one day we will have to give an account for that.

FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.