Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pity Party

Psalm 42:11 Why art thou CAST DOWN, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God
 
Every once in a while we all have a little pity party for one reason or another.  I always say that it is not so bad as long as you don't invite too many people and the party doesn't last too long.
 
When our health is failing, we fail at other ventures or sometimes when we just don't get our way we can tend to feel sorry for ourselves.  I have always found the best way to end such a party is to look around and count our blessings.
 
If we really think about it we are truly blessed and we should have thankful hearts.  Once we have established the fact that we are blessed then we can focus on the One who is responsible for our blessings.
 
How can I be cast down when I have Jesus to lift me up.  How can I be discouraged when I know that I have victory in Jesus.  It is almost impossible to feel defeated when you know that you have victory in Jesus.
 
I guess sometimes we start looking at ourselves instead of looking to a great and mighty God.

FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.