Tuesday, September 24, 2013

FOUND WANTING

Daniel 5:27 TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
 
This was part of the message to Belshazzar in the handwriting on the wall.  I'm not really sure why I think of certain scriptures as I go about my daily routine unless it is God's way of speaking to my heart.
 
I woke up this morning at my usual time around 5:00 am and proceeded with my regular routine. I made coffee, checked my email and thought about my plans for the day. The rest of the details are unimportant but basically I began my day in a casual manor without first spending time with God.
My wife and I usually have prayer together each day to begin our day.  Since I get up before she does most of the time I usually just fill in the time until she gets up.  This morning this scripture came to my mind and I decided to sit down and write because it made me think of what message God might have for me and maybe for some who read these devotionals.
 
While I would like to think that God would say something like "You are a good and faithful servant", I am afraid that might not be the case. He might say "You have been weighed in the balance and found wanting."
 
I am thankful that even though my actions can never merit my entrance into heaven that I have Jesus to tip the scales in my favor.  My works won't weight enough.  My service is severely lacking.  I am not really as good a person as I should be and am probably not as good a person as most people think I am. (Now that is kind of scary.)  My devotion to God could certainly use some help and my ministry to my fellow man is not all it could be.  The scales are not balanced at all.
 
I am so thankful that God's wonderful grace outweighs my sin and all my shortcoming.  When I am weighed in the balance my faith in Jesus Christ keeps me from being "found wanting".

FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.