Friday, September 27, 2013

Lukewarm

Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
 
"You really have a warm and friendly church." What would you think if someone said that to you about your church.  Even though I am sure it would be meant as a compliment and it is probably true about many churches it is in reality an insult.  Being warm is so bad that Jesus said He would spew the Laodicean church out of his mouth.
 
The problem with most of us in church is that we are comfortable with being warm.  At least we are not cold.  I have visited churches that were almost frigid and after a visit or two at the most I knew that I would not want to go back.  I have visited the warm and friendly churches where to be honest, I was comfortable, at least until the preacher made a great point and I said, "Amen!".

Almost half the church turned around to look at me and I felt a little uncomfortable.
We should not be "warm and friendly".  The friendly is fine but we should be on fire for the Lord. 
 
We should be like Jeremiah who said,
Jeremiah 20:9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning FIRE shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
 
He had made up his mind to keep his mouth shut but the Word of God lit a fire in him.  Maybe if we would allow God's word to consume us we would be on fire for Him.
 
FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us atshilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.