Thursday, September 26, 2013

FIRST LOVE

Revelation 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
 
The church at Ephesus seemed to be doing everything right. They were doctrinally sound, they were ministry minded and they were thriving. What more could they do.
 
They needed to remember why they were doing those things. Much of the work being done in the churches today seems to be people oriented instead of purpose oriented.  What is our purpose?  We are created to gloriy God. How do we glorify God?  The best I can understand is that we glorify God by showing the world our love for Jesus and His love for us.
 
My wife and I have been married for 42 years and I cannot imagine life without her.  My son just turned 40 and I love him more each day.  My baby girl has a 13 year old son and she will always be my baby girl.  You don't even want to me to get started on how much I love my grandkids.  With all these people in my life and all the love I have for them, my first love should always be Jesus.
 
Churches should love their Senior Citizens.  They should love their Youth Ministries.  It is a wonderful thing to be missions minded.  Every member of the church should be loved and ministered to.  That doesn't change the fact that the main motivation for the church should be because they love Jesus.  When we focus on Him all the other things will be blessed.

FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.