Monday, August 19, 2013

RENEWED STRENGTH

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be WEARY; and they shall walk, and not faint.
 
I confess.. I get tired easy.  I was able for years to get by on about 4 hours sleep each night and I still seemed to have plenty of strength and energy to do anything that needed to be done the other 20 hours of the day.
 
My lack of energy now is not from a lack of zeal and enthusiasm but from age and health matters. I usually get up around 5:00 am each morning but it takes me a while before I can really build up any steam to get much done.  The exception to this is Sunday Morning when I usually sleep a little later and I wake up with an excitement and desire to meet with my church family and worship the Lord with them.
 
I am able to preach without becoming exhausted and out of breath and even though I am tired in the afternoon... it is a good tired.
 
Maybe that that is all because on Sunday we are truly concentrating on waiting upon the Lord and He renews our strength.

FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.