Friday, August 16, 2013

Fleeting Memories


Psalm 144:4 Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
 
I will turn 63 years old this month.  Where did all that time go.  It doesn't seem that long ago that I was starting to school. It was only an instant from then that I was learning to drive, getting a job, finishing High School.
 
My wife and I have been married 42 years.  How can that be it seems like only a few years since we stood before the preacher, both of us so nervous that neither of us knew what we were agreeing to.
 
My son will turn 40 soon.  How can I have a middle aged son?  My baby girl is...well never mind but her baby just turned into a teenager. I have officially become an old man and I didn't even realize it was happening.  It happened so fast.
 
We don't realize how short life is and how many opportunities pass us by until we are in our "senior discount" years and looking back.  It is then we realize how brief our time on earth is.
 
None of us know how much longer we will live but I am pretty sure that I am way over the halfway mark. Today got here so fast and I am sure the end will get here even faster.  That makes it much more important to make the best of what time I have left.  That is true for each of us.
 
The point is that we should make our lives count and the way we can do that is to commit what we have left to Jesus.

FREE .PDF E-BOOK
We have compiled an E-book of our devotionals in .pdf format. We will send them to you attached to an email.
Email us at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com \
We welcome questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.