Thursday, December 13, 2012

WISE MEN STILL SEEK JESUS

Matthew 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
 
I sometimes wish I was more of a scholar and knew a little more about these wise men from the East. How did they know it was time?  How did they know who this baby born in Bethlehem was?  I am sure that there are men with more education and knowledge than me who can answer these questions.
I know they had studied the prophecies concerning the coming Messiah.  I know they recognized Him as the King.  I'm just not real sure how they knew all this and came to the right place at the right time.
 
I know they were wise because the Bible tells us they were wise.  They came bearing gifts and they came to worship this newborn Babe because they knew who He really was.
 
There are a lot of questions that I can't answer concerning this event but I do know one thing for sure.  Wise men still seek Jesus.
 
In a day and age when it seems that so many want to turn inward to themselves or turn to philosophies and other ideals...we need wise men who know that the world needs a Savior.  People who know that we as individuals need a Savior.
 
Yes, indeed, wise men still seek Jesus.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.