Thursday, December 20, 2012

THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD

John 1:4-5 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.(5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
 
I love the lights at Christmas.  The great decorations in the small towns and cities are beautiful.  Some individuals have some spectacular light displays and I even like the ones that some people might consider over the top or gaudy.
 
As I write this we have a very small tree with the lights already built in but it is beautiful to me.  When the children were at home we always had a much bigger tree and now that we have an empty nest we have downsized.
 
I'm not sure what it is about the lights that I love so much but I like what they remind me of.  They remind me that Jesus truly is the Light of the world.
 
He came into the world to be a light to show us the way to God, through Him.  He came to light the way of men and when we accept Him we too have that light.  A light that is supposed to shine in through the darkness of this world and guide others to Jesus.
When you look at the lights during Christmas season, think of the fact that you to are to be a light in this dark world.  Men might not comprehend it but they didn't comprehend Jesus either.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.