Monday, December 10, 2012

BEING CAREFUL 4

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with THANKSGIVING let your requests be made known unto God.

IN EVERYTHING

Sometimes it is hard to have a thankful heart during the bad times but it is important that we remember that God is with us and blesses us through these times too.
 
Sometimes I forget to be thankful for my heart trouble.  Yes, I know that sounds crazy but because of it I have really had some great opportunities to serve God that I might not have had if my health had been perfect.
 
Twice I have been told that my heart was in such a bad shape that I might not leave the hospital. In both cases I used that time to show those around me that I really believed what I preach and that I was not afraid of going on to be with Jesus.  In both cases I did leave the hospital and most of those who knew me attributed it to a miracle from God, therefore He received Glory from it.
 
If I had not had heart trouble I would not have had to leave the full time pastorate and ministry and would never have ended up filling the pulpit at the small church where I reach now.   I have been with this wonderful church family for over ten years and it has been a great experience and I would not trade it for anything.
 
Be thankful when you are going through difficulty.  God just might be preparing your for a miracle or to use you in a great way.  You could receive some of His greatest blessings through the difficulty.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.