Wednesday, December 19, 2012

IN THE BEGINNING

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
 
The Trinity is a hard thing for our feeble minds to comprehend.  Actually I am a little skeptical of anyone who says they fully understand the Trinity.  God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, one God in three persons.
 
What I do know is that God manifests Himself in these ways so that men might know Him.  Jesus has always been because He is God yet he came to Earth to be in human form for the sake of mankind.  He fulfilled the law because we couldn't.  He paid our sin debt because we were morally bankrupt.
 
No only has He always been, He always will be.  When He ascended into Heaven He sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in the hearts of all those that would accept Him and believe on His name.
 
Since God is all knowing it means from the very beginning Jesus knew He would have to come and suffer in our place yet He loved us enough to come and be our Savior.
 
Do I understand all this?  Not really but I do believe it and I have comfort in knowing that God loved me enough to pay the penalties for my sins and offer me salvation through His grace.
 
By the way, I don't fully understand electricity either but I don't intend to live in the dark until I do.

Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.