Friday, December 7, 2012

BEING CAREFUL 3

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with THANKSGIVING let your requests be made known unto God.
 
Some things we do are just using common sense. We  should fasten our seat belts..but it is just as important to stay within the speed limit.  We should watch what we eat and take care of our bodies, but they are the temple of the Holy Spirit...not an idol to be worshiped.
 
I guess I am more aware of my mortality than a lot of people.  Two weeks ago I had another heart attack and again one of the doctors was very skeptical that I would ever leave the hospital.  My heart has so much damage that there is nothing they can do for it but I know that no matter what happens I am in God's hands.
 
It is not my nature to worry.  While I was in the hospital I tried to witness to everyone who came into my room (maybe that is why God keeps allowing me to spend so much time there).  The reason I did this is that I am assured by my faith in Jesus of where I will spend eternity.  I wasn't sure if all the hospital staff knew this or not.
 
Sunday is coming and I will try to preach again for the first time since my heart attack.  I have some concerns but I am willing to let God have His way.  My life, my family, my ministry are not mine...they belong to Him and they are in His care.  It is His business how he cares for them, it is my business to trust Him to do it.
(At the time I was writing this it was before Sunday.  I was able to preach Sunday and I plan on preaching again this Sunday.  God always enables us to do what He has called us to do.)
 
Please feel free to contact me by email at
shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.

If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know.  Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus.  I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.