Tuesday, March 29, 2011

WANT OR NEED? 2

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEED according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Psalm 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

I have many times heard the excuse "Sunday is my only day off so I need it to rest" as an excuse for not attending church. I have also noticed that the same person might spend the day doing just about anything but resting.

God shall supply all our needs. We need a time to be fed spiritually. We need a time to fellowship with other Christians and to study God's Word together. We need to spend some time in worship, after all, that is what we were created for. We need to be where God wants us to be. We need to be working together with His church doing His work. He has provided a way for us to do that and He chose to do His work through the Churches.

We may want to sleep in. (I suggest an afternoon nap after the services.) We may want to visit relatives or go to the beach or fishing or to a ball game but we definitely do not need those things.

America is truly at a crossroads and we must really do some searching of our hearts to find out what it really is we need. I promise you all your true needs can be supplied by a God who created it all.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.
o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.