Tuesday, March 1, 2011

BY FAITH 2

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

It seems that we live in a very fast paced world. I recently heard someone say that they would be glad when things got back to normal. I jokingly told them that I wouldn't because normal is hectic. I was only joking but it did cause me to stop and think. Why is everyone in such a hurry? Why are so many stressed out and constantly tired from all the busy things they are doing. Jesus said,...

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

When I think of peace I think of rest. If we are not careful we can even make serving the Lord burdensome. We have all sorts of activities, all sorts of services, all types of ministries but sometimes we fail to just be still and spend time with Jesus. Jesus should be the center of our lives and we should revolve around Him the way a wheel revolves around a hub. We must spend time in prayer, fellowship, witnessing, and in fellowship, always remembering that Jesus is to be in the center of our lives and activities.

Take a few minutes to step away from the demands of this world and just concentrate on having a sweet fellowship with the one who died to give you eternal life. I promise if you make a habit of spending time with Jesus and putting Him first in your life, you will know Peace. This takes some faith that God will keep His promises.


Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.