Thursday, March 3, 2011

BY FAITH 4

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

It takes faith to glory in tribulation. It is a wise person who realizes that when they are going through something hard that it could be God preparing them for something down the road. We have become a microwave type of generation. We want what we want and we want it now. We are into instant gratification. People find themselves stretched to the limit with debt because instead of saving for things they buy them on credit. Our financial crisis in the country today was caused by people wanting things they had not yet earned.

I have heard people say they have been praying for patience. My advice is don't. "Tribulation worketh patience." In common terms that means if you pray for patience you are asking God to send you enough trouble so that you can learn to be patience. I consider myself a patient person. I have not always been that way but because I wasn't it caused me trouble that I really did not enjoy. The trouble taught me patience. If we are impatient it only means that we are unsatisfied or unthankful for what we have now.

Make it a point to be patient. You are the only one who can do that. No one can do it for you. Patience is a great virtue that leads to other things but it takes Faith to realize that God has a plan for your life and you must wait on Him to reveal it. Our Faith helps us to be about His business while He is teaching us.


Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.