Monday, March 28, 2011

WANT OR NEED? 1

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEED according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Ps 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

INTRODUCTION: We are living in a time and place that has been truly blessed. We have been blessed to the point that we have blurred the lines between wants and needs. What was once considered government charity has now been termed entitlements and people have surely come to feel that they are entitled to more than they need.

My son was visiting us the other day and my wife's birthday is approaching and he asked her, "Mom, is there anything you need that I can get you for your birthday." Her answer was, "Son, I really have everything I need."

It was the truth. She later remarked to me what a blessing it was to be able to say, "I have everything I need."

I am sure that as Christians, if we all examined what we have closely we would agree that we have everything we need. If someone were to ask me if there was anything in the world I wanted I might could come up with a very long list. I am sure we all could.

Jesus is sufficient for my salvation, to comfort me, to give me peace and for so much more. I guess as Christians we have everything we truly need in Him.

Please feel free to contact me by email at

shilohkosciusko@gmail.com with questions, comments or even suggestions for further devotional studies.


If you know of someone new to the Kosciusko area and would like for our church to visit them please let us know. Our prayers are that this devotional ministry will be an outreach to bring people into a closer relationship with Jesus. I do appreciate you taking the time to read these devotionals and please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.