Tuesday, July 28, 2009

WHO DO WE BLAME WHEN WE SIN?

By Jeremy Burkes

Genesis 3:12-13 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. (13) And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

It wasn't my fault. I didn't mean to do it. He or she made me do it. We've all heard them before. We've all made excuses when we get caught in our sins.
Like Adam we blame family or friends. We even try to convince ourselves, if it weren't for him or her, I would not have done that.Sometimes we do like Eve and say, "The devil made me do it."
Who is to blame when I sin? The answer is me. I am the reason I sin and I have a will and can decide not to sin as easy as I decide to sin. If I sin it is ultimately because I want to more than I want not to.
Jesus came to pay our sin debt. In Him we have forgiveness of sins. Satan is constantly accusing us before God. Sometimes he even cast doubts on our salvation.
Our sins are covered in the blood of Jesus once we are saved. It is important to our fellowship to confess those sins to God. We can never excuse our sins. Jesus suffered for our sins which means that none of them are small. Take responsibility for your sins and confess them to God. The blood of Jesus will cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.