Thursday, July 23, 2009

FAITH BRINGS SALVATION

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: the gift of God:

Grace is unmerited favor. In simpler terms it means that God loves us because He wants to and not because we deserve it.
I read a story of a preacher who was on his way to visit someone and he was hit in the ear with a very hard snowball. The preacher saw the boy who had hit him and recognized him as one from his Sunday School class. At first he was angry and thought about reporting him to his parents, then he remembered that their last lesson had been about grace.
The boy's birthday was coming up and spring was just around the corner so the preacher stopped by the store and bought the boy a new fishing pole for his birthday and took it to him.
When the boy answered the door the preacher handed him the pole and said, "I know it's a little early but I also know you really wanted a fishing pole for your birthday so I brought you one."
The little boy looked sad and said, "I can't take it preacher. I don't guess you know but it was me that hit you in the ear with that snowball."
The preacher smiled and said, "I knew it was you but I am glad you admitted it. I still want you to have the fishing pole."
"But why would you do that," the boy puzzled, "I deserve to be punished not to be rewarded."
"Remember our lesson on grace this past Sunday?" the preacher asked him.
The boy's face lit up. "I understand it now. Grace is a fishing pole when you reallly deserve to get a whipping."
That is a simple illustration of grace. God's grace is salvation when we really deserve to be punished in Hell. We must have faith that God doesn't want to give us what we deserve but what we will accept from Him. His grace came to us through His Son Jesus.
Have faith and accept the Gift of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.