Thursday, July 2, 2009

SURVIVING DISASTER 4

HAVE A SOURCE OF LIGHT
John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the [light] of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the [light] of life.

One of the things we are told to do to prepare for natural disasters is to have flashlights and plenty of batteries on hand. Everyone knows that it is much easier to deal with problems if you have a source of light. When the lights go out people seem to always run for the flashlights and candles so they can see more clearly.
The same is true for spiritual disasters. We need a source of light. Jesus is that light and He can truly shed light on any spiritual disaster we find ourselves faced with. Many times in my life when things have seemed the darkest and I didn't have any idea which way to turn my faith in Jesus has given me the light to see the solution. Knowing that there is nothing that God can't handle brings light to our spiritual life in times of disaster. I know it really brightens up my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.