Wednesday, July 1, 2009

SURVIVING DISASTER 3

HAVE A SUPPLY OF SPIRITUAL FOOD
John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the [bread of life]: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

I have heard the saying all my life "You are what you eat." When we take food into our body it becomes a part of our body. If we eat healthy food we will usually have healthy bodies. If we don't (and believe me I know from experience) then we will ultimately pay the price with our health. I have been trying to lose weight and I haven't yet got down to what I didn't want to get up to.
The same is true with us spiritually. If we consume Jesus in our life we become more like Him. The way that we consume Him spiritually is by getting to know him intimately. Incorporate Him into our lives and strive to imitate him. We then become strong and will be sustained during a spiritual disaster. It is also sad when someone else comes to us seeking spiritual food and our spiritual cupboards are bare. We should have enough of Jesus in our own lives that we can share Him with others who have spiritual needs.
Do you have a supply of spiritual food on hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.