Wednesday, July 22, 2009

FAITH GIVES THE BELIEVER PEACE

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Anxiety and depression are two very common problems in our society. Let me make it clear that I realize that many people have true medical problems that cause them to have these symptoms. Sometimes chemical imbalances have to be treated with medication and it is foolish to tell someone who truly has a medical problem to just get over it.
There are many though who do not have peace because they do not have faith. They worry about what bad things may happen, even when they have no reason to expect that they will. This type of worry is nothing but negative fantasy. Instead of living in a fantasy world where they can have anything they want, they live in a fantasy world where anything bad can happen to them.
I have known tragedy. I have known sickness. I have lost people I love and I am sure that I will experience some more of these things but I choose not to live my life as if they had already happened. It is my opinion that we should, "Rejoice always" and live each day to the fullest, knowing that God is present and that He cares very much for us. Faith is believing that God can handle anything that comes your way and He can get you through it. When we have that faith it certainly brings peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.