Thursday, July 9, 2009

THE FIRST THING TO REMEMBER

Matthew 5:23-24 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; {24} Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

The place of worship should be a place of remembering and searching one's own heart. Who have I wronged? Who have I mistreated? Who have I ignored?
This does not say if we have anything against anyone else. It says if our brother has something against me I should try to reconcile with him. Sometimes others fail to forgive us even when we really want to make things right. This is not our fault. When we do not even acknowledge our wrongs and seek reconciliation then it is our fault.
Our prayer and worship can be hindered by the way we treat other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.