Sunday, July 19, 2009

IT NEVER EXPIRES

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.”
1 Peter 1: 3, 4King James Version
I received a coupon from a restaurant that allows me to buy one entrée and get another entrée free. However, the coupon is only good for three more days. As I was thinking about that coupon expiring in three days, it reminded me of our Scripture verse. For those of us who have humbled ourselves and admitted that we are sinners, repented of our sins, asked God to forgive us for our sins and invited Jesus into our hearts to be our personal Saviour, we have an inheritance reserved in Heaven for us. It will never expire and it is free to us. Jesus paid for our reservation in Heaven with His own blood when He hung on that cross of torture and excruciating pain. What compassion and unconditional love flowed from the heart of our precious Saviour for us when He allowed them to crucify Him. There is no one like Jesus. He loves you so much that He willingly walked that long and lonely road to Calvary and died for you. What a Saviour, this Jesus of Nazareth! Jesus is standing at the door of your heart and knocking to come in but you must open the door and let Him in. “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me” (Revelation 3:20). If you have never invited the Christ of Calvary into your heart to be your personal Saviour, I urge you; I plead with you to give your heart and life to Jesus right now before it is too late!
Joanne LoweJuly 14, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.