Monday, September 29, 2008

SPREADING THE WORD

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Today's devotional is a little different than usual. I wanted to just mention the work of the Gideons. The Gideons are a group of professional men that have a ministry of placing the Bible, God's Word, in places where it is needed. If anything is needed today in most places it is definitely the Word of God.
Yesterday in our services we had a speaker come and share the work of the Gideons with our Church. Over the years I have heard many Gideons speak about their work and I have always had a burden to support their work. The speaker yesterday was one of the best I have heard over the years.
In my ministry several times when I did not have my Bible handy at a hospital I was able to use a Gideon bible to share the plan of salvation with someone and led some of them to the Lord.
They place the Bible in schools, hospitals, prisons, jails, motels and in many countries (in 84 different languages). I want to use the devotional today to urge each one reading this to pray for the Gideon ministry. If you have a chance to contribute to this ministry I encourage you to do so. All of the money contributed to this ministry goes to the printing and distribution of Bibles. The Gideons themselves pay their own expenses and cover the administrative costs through support from their on members.
Somewhere in the world there is someone who needs a Bible and wants to get to know God. Pray that the Lord will use your support and the Gideons to get one to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment.