Wednesday, September 24, 2008

DECISIONS

Joel 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
Many times each day we come to some point where we must make a decision. Sometimes it is a clear cut decision that doesn't take any thought. Sometimes it is almost automatic such as stepping on our brakes to stop an automobile at a stop sign. We really don't even seem to be conscious of it but because we have done it so many times we are conditioned to do it automatically.
When we do things over and over we form habits and then we do these things without giving it much thought. This can work for good habits or for bad habits. Making the right decisions on the little things in life cause us to form good habits. Good habits make the larger decisions easier.
I was once asked why I was usually in such a good mood. My response was that each day I decided I would be in a good mood. Somewhere a long time ago I decided and it was a decision to be positive and to strive to be in a good mood, it worked and now I am in a habit of being in a good mood. There are certainly times when things dampen my good mood but I usually decide that I enjoy being in a good mood better than a bad one. Life is just much more enjoyable that way, for me, and I hope for those I come in contact with.
Making spiritual decisions is pretty much the same as making other decisions. When we make the decision to try and please God in the smaller ways we begin to form good habits. We then have a much easier time making the bigger decisions.
Decide today to move closer to God. Decide to allow Him to have more of you.
I have gone as far as I can with the signs until I see something else I think the Lord would have me use. It was a decision. I might expand on the subject of decisions later but next I have a short series of devotionals on Spiritual Separation. I hope to be posting them later on in the week. The world keeps telling us to get together with everyone else when the Bible plainly tells us that there we need to be separated from some things. Pray for me as I try to deal scripturally with these issuses.
Thank you so much for allowing me to minister through these devotionals. Pray for me and this ministry that it might bring glory to God.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the devotionals, and know that they are doing some good. Usually these are what help maintian a good mood throughout the day. This one is very important to me as I have been thinking on the same issue for a while (habits and decisions, etc.) You will be in my prayers, and am looking forward to the next set you have in store. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish a few more people would make this decision. I do at least try this everyday and usually do ok.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment.