Monday, September 22, 2008

FOR SALE



Mt 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
As you drive down the road you see many For Sale signs as well as the road signs. There are houses, land, vehicles, and many other things there with For Sale signs to attract buyers.
I wonder how many people would that have completely negleted their spiritual life should have a For Sale sign around their necks. Some are willing to sell themselves for popularity, some for pleasure, some for riches.
I want you to imagine that you are on sale at an auction. There are only two bidders. There is Satan and there is Jesus. As you are being auctioned you are the one that takes the bidding and makes the decision.
Satan says "I will give riches."
Jesus says, "I will make you joint heirs with me and all things are in my Father's hands."
Satan says, "I will give you pleasure."
Jesus says, "I will give you peace, and joy, and comfort."
Satan says, "I will give you an exciting life."
Jesus says, "I will give you life eternal and life abundant."
I could go on but you get the general idea. Satan is the father of all lies and all the promises he makes are broken in the end.Jesus demonstrated His willingness to keep his promises by purchasing you with His own life and suffering. He has already paid the price for you. It is just a matter of giving yourself to Him.

3 comments:

Please leave us a comment.